A SSD (solid state drive) is the successor of the HDD (hard disk drive) and offers much faster performance. A typical SSD is up to three to four times faster in reading and writing data. SSD's have no mechanical moving parts which make them almost immune to shock damage. That means the days of losing data after dropping your laptop are history. They also use much less energy resulting in longer laptop battery life.
- Avarage Windows startup time of 10-13 seconds
- Faster startup speed of applications
- Less energy consumption (longer laptop battery life)
- Defragmenting not necessary anymore
- Almost completely insensitive to shock damage
- Silent (0 db)