A SSD (solid state drive) is the successor of the HDD (hard disk drive) and offers much faster read- and write speeds of up to 3 to 5 times faster than a HDD. A SSD works different from a HDD and is not only faster but also more reliable and uses less energy because it doesn't have any moving mechanical parts.
- Avarage Windows startup time of 10-13 seconds
- Faster startup speed of applications
- Less energy consumption thus enhancing the battery life
- Defragmenting not necessary
- Almost completely insensitive to bumps